Digital Media Intern
Location: Greater Philadelphia area, Pennsylvania, USA
Reports to: Director, Strategic Communication
Internship Type: Paid (no academic credit offered) May begin Fall 2022
Status: Full-time or Part-time, up to 20 hours per week; Temporary role – up to 3 months duration
Organization and Position
The John Templeton Foundation aspires to become a global catalyst for discoveries that contribute to human flourishing by enabling people to create lives of purpose and meaning. We fund research and catalyze conversations across disciplines—from astrophysics, evolutionary biology, and genetics, to philosophy, psychology, and economics – to inspire awe and wonder and help us understand what it means to live a life full of purpose and meaning.
To support our team in advancing the Foundation’s mission, we are seeking an intern to support our Communications department. Reporting to the Director, Strategic Communication, the Digital Media Intern will support the day-to-day activities of the Communications department, with a specific focus on website projects. The internship will provide the intern with an opportunity to develop the skills needed to maintain and generate content for the Foundation’s website. Internship may begin at the start of the Fall 2022 semester.
Areas of Responsibility
- Assist with special projects related to the Foundation website, templeton.org, including but not limited to maintaining media library, fixing broken links, updating older content and grant profiles, general maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Assist with website updates, social media, and other digital activities, as needed.
- Support video production and podcast production.
- Conduct research as needed.
- requests from colleagues who require communications support
- General administrative and project support for communications department.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Current college student in Communications, Digital Media, Marketing, or related field.
- Strong organizational skills and creative ability
- WordPress experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite preferred
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, social media, and graphic design preferred
- Familiarity with video production and podcast production preferred
- Personal interest in the Foundation’s mission preferred
- Exceptional drafting, internet research, proofreading and editing skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand the Foundation’s mission and core themes
The position will be based in the Foundation’s offices, located in West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania. The Digital Media Intern will need to maintain an in-office presence but may work remotely for a portion of their week in accordance with our hybrid work policy.
West Conshohocken, PA is a short drive (~15 miles) from Philadelphia and there is a nearby commuter train station with service into downtown Philadelphia. The offices are close to residential and commercial districts with multiple restaurants.
To learn more about the role, or to apply, please visit www.templetoncareers.org.