Senior Publishing Coordinator, Templeton Press (Part-Time)
Location: Philadelphia metro area, Pennsylvania, USA
Department: Templeton Press
Reports to: Executive Editor
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package based on qualifications and experience
Employee Type: Part-time, 20 hours per week
Organization and Position
Templeton Press (Templeton Foundation Inc.) was founded in January 1997 as a nonprofit established by Sir John Templeton to publish books in the core areas of The Virtues, Science & the Big Questions, Health & Spirituality, and Individual Freedom and Free Markets.
In addition to publishing books, Templeton Press creates a host of initiatives to engage its audience, from interactive websites to scholarship campaigns.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Publishing Coordinator supports the editorial function on the Press, and is responsible for project Management, website content development, and oversight of hired contractors and publicists. The Senior Publishing Coordinator contributes to administration for the Press including contracts, budgeting, and grant reporting.
Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee all websites for content, outreach, effectiveness
- Meet regularly with web developers to review and track updates to websites
- Oversee development of book websites
- Manage contracts for web developers
- Administration & Management
- Oversee schedules for book jackets and catalogs
- Oversee work of staff to ensure that all work is done correctly and completed in a timely manner.
- Write Templeton grant application which includes developing yearly project plan, yearly budget, evaluating potential impact of planned projects, and filling in the application form on the JTF portal.
- Write quarterly reports for the JTF grant
- Oversee and develop Salesforce
- Coordinate and oversee TFI Trustee Meetings
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- A bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years’ related experience
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, ability to exercise initiative
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office software is required
- Strong personal interest in the Foundation’s mission.
We are committed to caring for our employees and their families through exceptional benefits. For part-time employees, we pay for 80% of employee medical, dental and vision premiums, and generously contribute to family premiums.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, this position will be a remote position through at least April 2021. The Press does plan to resume in-office operations when it is safe to do so, and the position will be based in the Press’s offices, located in West Conshohocken, PA. Advanced notice will be provided for the resumption of in-office operations.
West Conshohocken, PA is a short drive (~15 miles) from Philadelphia and within walking distance of a commuter train station into downtown Philadelphia. The offices are close to residential and commercial districts with multiple restaurants, as well as Philadelphia’s Main Line suburbs where Villanova University, Bryn Mawr College and Haverford College are located. The surrounding area has many walkable communities with an affordable cost of living and a robust variety of cultural and entertainment opportunities, including a vibrant food scene, five professional sports teams, world-class museums, galleries, gardens, and a broad array of music venues and other performing arts institutions. The offices are in close proximity to major highways, with New York City, the Jersey shore, the Pocono Mountains, and the heart of Pennsylvania’s Amish country all within a two-hour drive. The offices also provide easy access to Amtrak’s Northeast Corridor (making New York City or Washington, D.C. an easy day trip) and to Philadelphia International Airport, an American Airlines hub serving destinations throughout the U.S. (more than a hundred routes), Caribbean (a dozen routes), and Europe/MENA (more than twenty routes).