Program Associate, Philosophy & Theology
Reporting to the Director of Philosophy & Theology, the Program Associate will assist in the full life cycle of the grant-making process and provide administrative support to the department.
Areas of Responsibility
- Assist with all aspects of the proposal intake and proposal review process, from submission through grant award, including preparing documents for all Proposal Review meetings.
- Review Online Funding Inquiries and invited Full Proposals and track grantee progress.
- Track grantee documents and make recommendations to the Director and Program Officer on scheduled payments.
- Assist the Program Officer in reviewing grantee-submitted reports.
- Oversee all aspects of the External Review process for proposals submitted with the Program Associate’s Funding Area.
- Respond to inquiries from Applicants, Project Leaders, and Grantees.
- Support all general office administrative duties related to the Funding Area, including departmental correspondence, budgets, files, meetings and logistics.
- Support all aspects of the department’s internally developed funding initiatives.
Criteria & Relevant Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Some undergraduate coursework in philosophy and/or theology desirable but not required.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Professional experience in an administrative office setting preferred.
- Skilled oral and written communicator able to work with professionals across internal departments and communicate with external scholars.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative for new projects and work independently.
- A team player who is able to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced office environment.
- Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the grant making process desirable but not required.
- Ability to understand the Foundation’s mission and core themes.
- Strong personal interest in the Foundation’s mission is essential.