Intern, Global Strategies
Reporting to the Director, Philosophy and Theology and with oversight from the Program Officer for Global Strategies, the Intern will conduct landscaping research on the major institutions, figures, and centers of philosophy and theology across the Muslim-majority world, among other research-oriented tasks. The duration of this internship is expected to be approximately 10 weeks.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Conduct research using the Internet and online databases to obtain recent and relevant data to support the program department’s initiatives.
- Review historical JTF grants pertaining to Islam.
- Provide clear communication and updates on the status of the project, including identifying any potential issues in a timely manner.
- Conduct maintenance and updating on Salesforce records for all Islam-related items files make suggestions to improve quality of information and process, as warranted.
- Provide research and other support for department initiatives, as needed.
Criteria & Relevant Skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Research or archiving experience, including a demonstrated ability to work with large number of records/cases.
- Ability to work independently while contributing to team goals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Professionalism, dedication and service orientation.
A strong personal interest in the Foundation’s mission is essential.