Human Resources Specialist
Location: Philadelphia metro area, Pennsylvania, USA
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package based on qualifications and experience
The Human Resources Specialist is a trusted advisor and partner to the Director, Human Resources, and will work across all HR functions, including recruitment, retention, compensation, and performance management. The Human Resources Specialist provides effective coaching and guidance to employees and managers for HR matters spanning the HR function. The Human Resources Specialist serves as a direct resource for employee questions and concerns and coordinates the day-to-day employee services administration. The HR Specialist assists in the development and execution of HR strategic and operating programs through gathering, analyzing, and making recommendations based upon available data and best practices. They serve as the system owner for all HR systems, managing payroll, benefits, recruitment, compensation data and processes. The HR Specialist also provides project management and research support for HR
Areas of Responsibility
- Develop staff surveys, analyze results, draw conclusions, make appropriate recommendations, and present information to Foundation stakeholders to support the creation of policies and initiatives.
- Oversee recruitment sourcing, including the implementation and management of recruitment platforms and the recommendation and negotiation with third-party vendors and consultants to facilitate sourcing qualified candidates. Design reports to analyze recruitment data and analyze findings to inform talent-management efforts. Manage recruitment due diligence by verifying references and conducting background checks.
- Analyze exit interview responses and make recommendations based on feedback to enhance employee engagement and/or organizational efficiency.
- Manage the Foundation’s Compensation Program, including leading competitive market assessment reviews with our third-party consultant, reviewing salary adjustment requests, preparing compensation reports for managers, developing all compensation-related materials for the Committee meetings, determining competitive offers for new hires, and responding to compensation and other market surveys requests.
- Oversee the performance management system, including recommending and implementing revisions and enhancements, leading related training, reporting performance data and trends, evaluating vendor performance and making appropriate recommendations based on findings to Director, Human Resources.
- Acts a partner and resource for employee relations, including assisting in the resolution of employee complaints/concerns, coaching and supporting managers and staff regarding performance, disciplinary actions, risk management, training, and other policy and workplace issues
- Oversee HR payroll system, including updating and maintaining mass payroll changes, coordinating with the Accounting department as needed, generating scheduled and ad-hoc reports, overseeing the Time and Attendance System, implementing/updating ADP systems modifications/upgrades, ensuring compliance with all statutory and regulatory changes, and identifying and making appropriate recommendations based on findings to present to leadership.
- Oversee benefits administration, including conducting new hire benefits meetings, resolving employee benefit questions/problems and planning Open Enrollment activities with the assistance of the Director, Human Resources and the Foundation’s benefits broker(s) including recommending decisions related to benefits activities and scope of wellness options. Also responsible for ACA reporting, overseeing benefits billing reconciliations, assisting in the development of employee benefits communications, analyzing annual benefits renewals, updating all benefits information/contributions in the Payroll/HRIS systems, Internet and Intranet, and managing the annual staff and member donation program.
- Oversee employee requests for leaves of absence, including analyzing employee submissions, determining eligibility for leave, drafting responses to requests for leave, and tracking employee leave.
- Manage the annual staff and member donation program.
- Assess HR’s technology needs and lead sourcing, testing, and implementation of new systems including but not limited to benefits management systems, survey platforms, ATSs, and/or HRIS systems.
- Track quantitative metrics to monitor Foundation workload, identify trends and make recommendations based on data.
- Support HR projects and events such as family outings or team retreats.
- Develop/track the annual HR and Facilities budget.
- Keep current on HR related legislation/best practices through seminars, webinars and HR organization memberships, as appropriate.
Criteria & Relevant Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required with an emphasis in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or a related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a broad range of HR disciplines including benefits, HRIS, recruiting, employee relations, compensation and project management.
- Preferred PHR or SPHR certification.
- Demonstrated experience with HR data analysis, research, and data visualization.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods and tools for automating, developing, implementing or administering database systems.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with MS Office software, required. ADP experience preferred.
- Detail and results-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and independently.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability of working collaboratively with managers and staff at all levels of an organization.
- Proven ability to exercise discretion and sound judgment, maintain confidentiality, and operate both independently and as a part of a team.
- Strong personal interest in the Foundation’s mission.
We are committed to caring for our employees and their families through exceptional benefits. We pay for 100% of employee medical, dental and vision premiums, and generously contribute to family premiums. We provide life insurance, short-term disability coverage and long-term disability coverage at no cost to employees. We offer a 401(k)-retirement savings plan with an employer match and additional discretionary contributions. Paid time off includes generous vacation, sick, and personal days. The Foundation offers a unique donation program, enabling employees the ability to direct a $5,000 donation to a mission aligned organization of their choice, with no employee donation required.
The position will be based in the Foundation’s offices, located in West Conshohocken. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, team members may work in-office or remotely through 2021. The Foundation does plan to resume in-office operations in January 2022.
West Conshohocken, PA is a short drive (~15 miles) from Philadelphia and there is a nearby commuter train station with service into downtown Philadelphia. The offices are close to residential and commercial districts with multiple restaurants.