Human Resources Coordinator
Location: Philadelphia metro area, Pennsylvania, USA
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package based on qualifications and experience
Organization and Position
The John Templeton Foundation serves as a philanthropic catalyst for discoveries relating to the deepest and most perplexing questions facing humankind. We support research within disciplines ranging from astrophysics, evolutionary biology, and genetics, to philosophy, psychology, and economics. We seek to share and discuss discoveries related to life’s purpose and human happiness. In all cases, our goal is to spur curiosity and accelerate discovery. To catalyze such discoveries, we provide grants for independent academic research on a wide range of topics that relate to the Foundation’s mission.
To advance the Foundation’s mission and strengthen our team, the Foundation is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator. The HR Coordinator will be a trusted advisor to the Director of HR and will work across all HR functions including recruitment, retention, compensation, performance management. The successful candidate will have broad HR experience, with a focus on systems implementation and management. Demonstrated experience with HR data analysis, research, and data visualization is essential.
Areas of Responsibility
- Gather, compile, and analyze organizational, payroll and total rewards data information. Summarize and make appropriate recommendations based on findings.
- Analyze results from staff surveys to present information to Foundation stakeholders to support the creation of initiatives that drive engagement.
- Implement and manage recruitment solutions to source qualified candidates and analyze applicant data to inform talent management efforts. Verify references and conduct background checks through a third-party vendor.
- Analyze exit interview responses and make recommendations based on exiting employee feedback to enhance employee engagement and/or organizational efficiency.
- Manage the Foundation’s Compensation Program including leading competitive market assessment reviews with our third-party consultant, reviewing salary adjustment requests, preparing compensation reports for managers, developing all compensation-related materials for the Committee meetings, determining competitive offers for new hires, and responding to compensation and other market surveys requests.
- Oversee the performance management system including recommending and implementing revisions and enhancements, leading related training and reporting performance data and trends.
- Manage benefits enrollment data and analyze annual benefits renewals including updating all benefits information/contributions in the Payroll/HRIS systems, Internet and Intranet. Overseeing benefits billing reconciliations. Create and conduct routine and ad hoc benefits reporting. Complete annual benefits reporting to satisfy compliance with the ACA.
- Manage the annual staff and member donation program.
- Support the HR Payroll function to include monitoring the payroll system for changes and enhancements, and communicating impact and opportunities for our payroll and employee-self serve processes. Generate scheduled and ad-hoc reports.
- Track quantitative metrics to monitor Foundation workload, identify trends and make recommendations based on data.
- Support HR projects and events such as family outings or team retreats.
- Track the annual HR and Facilities budget.
- Keep current on HR related legislation/best practices through seminars, webinars and HR organization memberships, as appropriate.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree required with an emphasis in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or a related discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a broad range of HR disciplines including benefits, HRIS, recruiting, employee relations, compensation and project management.
- Preferred PHR or SPHR certification.
- Demonstrated experience with HR data analysis, research, and data visualization.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods and tools for automating, developing, implementing or administering database systems.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with MS Office software, required. ADP experience preferred.
- Detail and results-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability of working collaboratively with managers and staff at all levels of an organization.
- Sensitivity to confidential information required.
- Strong personal interest in the Foundation’s mission.
We are committed to caring for our employees and their families through exceptional benefits. We pay for 100% of employee medical, dental and vision premiums, and generously contribute to family premiums. We provide life insurance, short-term disability coverage and long-term disability coverage at no cost to employees. We offer a 401(k)-retirement savings plan with an employer match and additional discretionary contributions. Paid time off includes generous vacation, sick, and personal days. The Foundation offers a unique donation program, enabling employees the ability to direct a $5,000 donation to a mission aligned organization of their choice, with no employee donation required.
The position will be based in the Foundation’s offices, located in West Conshohocken. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, team members may work in-office or remotely through 2021. The Foundation does plan to resume in-office operations in January 2022.
West Conshohocken, PA is a short drive (~15 miles) from Philadelphia and there is a nearby commuter train station with service into downtown Philadelphia. The offices are close to residential and commercial districts with multiple restaurants.