Reporting to the EVP, General Counsel, the Executive Associate will support the daily operations of the Office of the General Counsel. In addition, the Executive Associate will participate in other departmental projects and activities as needed. This may include, but is not limited to, conducting legal research, drafting documents, documenting actions, and creating and maintaining legal files under the direction of the General Counsel.
Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain consistent, efficient administrative operations for the department, including organizing and maintaining legal files, records and databases.
- Assist with the intake, review, production, distribution and archiving of all JTF contracts for services, including serving as the secondary interface with the staff of the Chief Financial and Operating Officer, Accounting and IT Departments on such systems.
- Assist with the preparation, approval and archiving of corporate meeting minutes.
- Assist with communications (written and via telephone, email and voicemail), including the composition and editing of correspondence and other documents.
- Manage individual and departmental calendars, departmental travel planning, and departmental expense accounting.
- Assist with departmental budget planning and monitoring.
- Answer, screen, and direct incoming telephone calls.
- Provide assistance on coordination of staff meetings, including preparing agendas and related documents, note taking, and managing files related to such meetings.
- Assist with the creation and distribution of Committee and Trustees meeting materials, including presentations.
- Plan and coordinate visits by guests and other officials to the Foundation offices for the department.
- Perform legal and factual research, including internet research as needed.
- Assist with special legal department projects as directed by the General Counsel.
Criteria & Relevant Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in administrative operations, preferably with at least 5 years’ experience in a legal setting.
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with Senior Staff.
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgement, maintain confidentiality, and operate both independently and as part of a team.
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office software, are required.
- Strong personal interest in the Foundation’s mission.