Associate, Templeton Prize
Department: Templeton Prize
Manager: Managing Director, Templeton Prize
Full-time or Part-time: Full-time or Part-time; (20-32 hours per week)
Organization & Position Summary
Be a part of The World’s Most Interesting Prize! The Templeton Prize honors individuals whose exemplary achievements advance Sir John Templeton’s philanthropic vision. The Templeton Prize focuses on research, discovery, public engagement and religious leadership that advance our understanding of, and appreciation for, the insights that science brings to the deepest questions of the universe and humankind’s purpose and place within it. This prize has been awarded to over 50 people, including Desmond Tutu, Mother Teresa, and the Dalai Lama.
This role will report to the Managing Director, Templeton Prize and support the annual planning for the Templeton Prize and will work with the Managing Director to ensure effective execution of all Templeton Prize related events.
Areas of Responsibility
- Support the development and management of the annual timeline for the Templeton Prize program by providing clear documentation and ensuring changes are made and communicated to stakeholders.
- Conduct research on individuals who could serve as nominators or judges for the Templeton Prize, and update the evolving pipeline.
- Conduct background research on invitees for Templeton Prize events.
- Support the contract process for contracts related to the department to include submitting contract requests, assisting with the review of contracts, managing contracts and reviewing and submitting invoices timely.
- Manage administrative functions for the Managing Director, Templeton Prize including, but not limited to scheduling meetings, coordinating travel logistics, assisting with the preparation of meeting agendas, recording notes, drafting correspondence, preparing and tracking invoices, and preparing expense reports for timely submission.
- Oversee data collection and management of the Salesforce Templeton Prize app to include cleaning and analyzing Salesforce data to ensure an accurate and useful database.
- Proactively monitor the landscape of philanthropic prizes for potential partnerships and other opportunities.
- Provide back up support for Templeton Prize social media content.
- Provide research and administrative support for department initiatives and for the President, as needed.
Criteria & Relevant Skills
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience; preferably with a large non-profit or other mission-driven organization providing high-level administrative and strategic support to a program area. A Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to collaborate across departments to arrange meetings, obtain information, and complete deliverables .
- High attention to detail, with excellent writing, research and organizational skills.
- Experience working with Salesforce or comparable database systems is preferred.
- Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and online desk research.
- Skills in social media content creation, Adobe InDesign and Adobe Express are desirable.
- A personal interest in the Foundation’s mission is preferable.
We are committed to caring for our employees and their families through exceptional benefits. If eligible, we will cover a percentage of medical, dental and vision premiums. We provide life insurance, short-term disability coverage and long-term disability coverage at no cost to employees who are eligible. We offer a 401(k)-retirement savings plan with an employer match and additional discretionary contributions. Paid time off includes generous vacation, sick, and personal days. The Foundation offers a unique donation program, enabling employees the ability to direct a $5,000 donation to a mission aligned organization of their choice, with no employee donation required.
The position will be based in the Foundation’s offices, located in West Conshohocken, PA. The Foundation permits hybrid work in accordance with our hybrid work policy which allows team members to request a schedule that includes up to two days of remote work per week.
West Conshohocken, PA, is a short drive (~15 miles) from Philadelphia and there is a nearby commuter train station into downtown Philadelphia.
To learn more about the Prize and past Laureates please visit www.templetonprize.org, or to apply, please complete the form below.