Associate, Strategic Alliances (Temporary)
Reporting to the Managing Director, Strategic Alliances, the Associate will conduct research to expand upon the Foundation’s existing networking capabilities.
Areas of Responsibility
- Conduct research on high-net-worth individuals and identify philanthropic interest areas which align with the Foundation’s mission.
- Conduct research on prospective funding allies across Foundation funding areas.
- Conduct research on prospective Honorary Members.
- Assist with Funder Collaborative Meetings. Conduct research on each prospective invitee.
- Assist with some logistical elements of funder collaborative convenings and other convenings with philanthropists, foundations executives, corporate executives and/or key influencers.
- Update Salesforce database by including relevant research results and results from interactions with allies and prospective allies.
- Identify any gaps in the Salesforce database and make suggestions to improve quality of information and functionally of the database, as warranted.
- Provide research and other support for department initiatives and for the President, as needed.
Criteria & Relevant Skills
- Research experience, including a demonstrated ability to work with large amounts of data, ideally in the philanthropic sector.
- Relationship management experience, particularly with Salesforce.
- High attention to detail, with excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with preparing for convenings.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as online desk research.
- Professionalism, dedication and humility.
- Collaborative spirit. This position works across all facets of the foundation.
- Strong personal interest in the Foundation’s mission.