Administrative Associate, Special Meetings
Reporting to the Director, Special Meetings, the Administrative Associate, Special Meetings will participate in and assist with all facets of the Templeton Prize and Advisors and Corporate Meetings. Provide administrative and planning support for internal Programs meetings and employee events, as needed.
Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain updated project tracking systems and support planning phases for meetings, including the Templeton Prize events and the Annual Members & Trustees, Open Forums, and other meetings as requested by Foundation Leadership.
- Coordinate and support travel arrangements and schedules for Special Meetings attendees (including but not limited to employees, trustees, advisors, members and special guests).
- Coordinate travel Visas and set travel parameters with meeting attendees and travel agencies for allowable travel specifications including dates, class and times depending on the JTF meeting type and established overall and specific policies.
- Coordinate with vendors to support logistical arrangements for JTF events.
- Support maintenance of registration websites, answer attendee questions, compile registration data, and make recommendations to the department based on registration totals and details.
- Maintain Templeton Prize nominations tracking and ensure nomination status (expired or carry forward) is updated according to established procedures.
- Assist in researching Templeton Prize nominees and in the preparation of materials for judges’ review.
- Coordinate large mailings including those to Templeton Prize judges and Templeton Prize invitees (including VIPs).
- Prepare and submit expense reports, including bill-back letters to meeting attendees and reconciling purchasing card charges.
- Take meeting minutes at weekly department meetings, and maintain and distribute weekly task list on behalf of the department.
- Serve as the department’s Salesforce administrator, creating processes to categorize and update contact information, Templeton Prize nomination categories and other information.
- Maintain Salesforce ensure Advisor, Trustee and Member contact information is kept up to date
- Run scheduled and ad-hoc reports from Salesforce, as needed.
- Schedule conference calls on behalf of the department including international calls by participant location.
- Ensure event rooms are set-up and facilitate F&B for various internal meetings.
- Track contract statuses on behalf of the department
- Assist with departmental budget planning and monitoring
- Assist with departmental projects as needed
Criteria & Relevant Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years in administrative operations; preferably in event planning.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, administrative and organizational skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with MS Office software are required. Salesforce experience preferred.
- Some occasional travel may be required.
- Strong personal interest in the Foundation’s mission is essential.